HOW TO RESET A POLYCOM DEVICE
WARNING: A factory reset will delete all user saved information, such as contacts in Phonebook. Please do NOT factory reset your device unless expressly asked to by a support engineer.
PURPOSE: A factory reset is a "last resort" in your troubleshooting; it is a master reset to restore the device to its original system state by erasing all of the information stored on the device in an attempt to restore the device's software to its original manufacturer settings.
- First, attempt to Force Reboot the device. To Reboot the Phone—Press and hold the dial pad keys 0, 1, and 3 simultaneously for about three seconds, or until you hear a confirmation tone. Retest, and if function is still not there, proceed to the next step
- Turn off the device.
- On the “Loading Application” screen, press “Cancel.”
- As soon as the “Welcome” message appears, press and hold down “1,” “3,” “5.” (for any confernce device, as in the 4000, 5000, or 6000, use keys "6", "8", "*" instead of “1,” “3,” “5.”)
- Release them only when seeing the “Enter Password” message appear.
- For the password, use the phone’s MAC address (using CAPS for letters) and press “OK.”
- After the restart, your phone will be successfully reset (with the default password “4, 5, 6”)
If you experience further issues, please create a ticket.
SimpleVoIP 2020 all rights reserved